Mou app evolving rapidly: When I first wrote about Mou app – the missing Markdown editor for web developers, I was impressed by its "syntax highlighting, live preview and an impressive list of keyboard actions." That’s still the case, but Mou is evolving rapidly:
- four new keyboard actions: Link, Image, Shift Line Left and Shift Line Right
- new commands in View menu, "Left:Right = 2:1" and "Left:Right = 1:2"
- Mou can now remember the scroll position in Live Preview
- arbitrary extension support (Mou can now open Markdown documents with any extension and if no extension is provided, Mou will use ".md" by default when saving)
- a new icon (pictured above).
- is a Mac OS X application
- currently supports Markdown, but not MultiMarkdown
does not remember window size and position(I work around this limitation by using Moom)
- is donation-ware while in beta (people who donate during the beta will receive a free license when Mou 1.0 released)
- is supported by a very responsive developer @chenluois
I’ve added Mou to my list of Best Lion Apps.
Update 20111022 – Additions:
- word counter
- remembers last opened window size and position
- displays HTML source in live preview
This blog post was composed as a text file with Markdown syntax using Byword app and the Marked app.